apenas um truque de luz

I shake my head and shiver
they smile, and then stab my back as they shake my hands
send out a SOS plea; come quickly, I'm marooned in monkeyland

is there anyone there? who understands me... anyone at all.

I'm idly looking at the sky; did anybody hear me sigh?
a million stars are a moving sight;
to all of you there, reading this night...
it's just a trick of the light

I have to know what is real and what is illusion;
and how does it feel beyond this confusion...
is there anyone there?

do I dismiss this with a sigh; suppose I must from time to time
and let the answers pass me by, to questions set to bend the mind
is my creator a God or a man?
does someone somewhere care or understand?
it's just a trick of the light

life's an optical illusion...
like other optical illusions...
beware if there's anyone there

The Chameleons - Monkeyland

0 observações: